Cal/OSHA is once again leading the safety industry by providing COVID-19 protocols for the construction industry in order to keep employees safe on the job. Businesses must implement and document the safety measures and comply with Cal/OSHA and Federal OSHA requirements.
Cal/OSHA Third-Party Jobsite Safety Accountability Supervisor (JSAS)
Construction projects of any size will also need to designate a site-specific COVID-19 supervisor(s) to enforce the guidelines. If your company needs a Third-Party Jobsite Safety Accountability Supervisor (JSAS), Lancaster Safety is able to assist!
- Provide Cal/OSHA required supervision for construction sites
- Review Small Construction Project (SCP) or Large Construction Project (LCP) Protocols with all employees and onsite visitors
- Determine what Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is needed
- Establish daily screening protocols for arriving, leaving and coming back
- Describe how to properly post daily screening protocols at all entry and exits on the jobsite
- Instructions on how to ensure that potentially infected individuals do not enter the construction site
- Post the daily screening protocol at all entrances and exits to the jobsite
- Social distancing enforcement and guidance on when closer proximity is allowed
- Identify high risk areas where closer working is conducted
- Determine how to stagger work and shifts in order to reduce contact
- Provide guidance on how to work safely around public areas
- Ensure that employees are washing their hands, disinfecting the workplace including equipment, surfaces, restrooms, etc.
- Guidance on what to do if anyone does get sick
Cal/OSHA’s Construction Protocols will help keep employees safe on the job while helping to get businesses up and running again. If your company is looking for assistance with COVID-19 Prevention, Planning, Training or Supervision, contact Lancaster Safety today!
Cal/OSHA is requiring accountability supervision on construction jobsites. Large construction projects must assign a third-party Jobsite Safety Accountability Supervisor (JSAS) to conduct weekly COVID-19 safety protocol assessments. Lancaster Safety can provide a JSAS and other safety staffing solutions, just give us a call at 888-403-6026!
10 Workplace Safety Protocols From Cal/OSHA
Everyone who can carry out their work duties from home has been directed to do so.
All employees have been told not to come to work if sick.
Symptom checks are being conducted before employees may enter the work space.
Employees are required to wear face coverings, as appropriate.
All desks or individual work stations are separated by at least six feet.
Break rooms, bathrooms, and other common areas are being disinfected frequently.
Disinfectant and related supplies are available to all employees.
Soap and water are available to all employees.
Copies of this Protocol have been distributed to all employees.
Stagger shifts and working areas.